Sunday, March 18, 2012

Painting the Bedroom Furniture

After competing my Furniture painting test run I decided I was ready to tackle the biggest project: my 6-piece bedroom furniture set that I'd gotten on Craigslist.  I liked the set at first because it was the first time I've had completely matching bedroom furniture!

But after getting my yellow curtains, I wanted to have furniture that made those curtains POP!  After pricing a few bedroom sets I decided painting was the way to go.  I am VERY happy with the results!
Photobucket
Blah...










Photobucket
Sleek!

Photobucket





Photobucket


I started with the nightstands.  I followed the same process as I did when I painted my table: sanding, priming, and painting over the course of 2 weekends.  I tackled this project in the winter so I had a limited number of hours to work before it got dark.


Photobucket         Photobucket



Photobucket


I took the doors off the armoire before getting started.  I considered painting over the hardware but decided not to take the easy way out!


Photobucket
Photobucket  Photobucket

As I got started with the dresser I wanted to do something to break up the monotony of all black furniture.  I chose a grey for the drawers.  I was hoping the grey I chose would turn out more gunmetal than it came out, but all in all I'm glad I chose a second color to add to the set.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket


I don't have any close up pictures of the mirror, but I taped the edges off using blue painter's tape to make sure I didn't paint on the mirror surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment